Friday, May 20, 2011

THE FIRST







Zac Posen SS RTW 2006. This was the first proper runway show that I ever saw (and by saw I mean I downloaded the podcast about eight months after it showed).

The great thing is; I can look back at this collection and still get just as excited about it! I love his use of colour and volume. He said in the video that he was playing with fabric as a sculpture on the body, and I think he does that extremely well. It's just effortless dressing. One of my favourite things is that immediately when sheer skirts started popping up, I thought back to this collection. I'm in no way saying that he was the first to do the sheer skirt, but, his did have a lasting impression!

If only I could get my hands on the black dress Gemma Ward is wearing... in fact, just the whole collection would be great.

Unfortunately I can't track down the original video (I wish I could have, P. Diddy made an appearance..), however, the full collection is available to view on style.com.

All photo credits go to style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment